Wonders Of Yunnan Travel (WOY) is an online travel service platform operated by a team of professional travel experts at the International Department of Kunming Scenery-Custom International Travel Co., GRP LTD (KSCI Travel). As the only local travel company which has been recommended by the Lonely Planet of 2013, we are qualified to run the business mainly for overseas tourists traveling in and to China. WOY is offering complete travel solutions (tour packages, customized trips, transfers, hotel bookings, flight ticket bookings etc.) and Meeting-Incentive-Conference-Event (MICE) to our clients at competitive prices. Today, our services extend from basic booking operations to management of a "One-Stop-Service" to cater for our demanding customers. With commitment to business expansion in Yunnan and Southwest China, you are cordially invited to join our talent pool in order to grow with the company.
We are currently looking for one further Travel Consultant who provides all kinds of travel related services, information and advice to the company’s customers.
In this position, you are in direct contact with our clients and arrange respective travel requirements (accommodation, transfers, drivers, tour guides, train & flight tickets, etc.) as well as supervise the organization and execution of the tours.
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide information and advice on suitable destinations to the customers;
- Arrange professional travel itineraries according to the customer’s requirements and wishes;
- Organize and coordinate the tours responsibly;
- Maintain record of tour data and transactions;
- Support the company’s sales and marketing activities;
- Report directly to the Executive and General Manager.
- Fluent in Chinese (if possible native language)
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both, English and Chinese; further languages (especially European) are a plus;
- Good computer skills – MS Office Package, Chinese Word Processing, further IT knowledge is a plus;
- Customer service and detail-minded; well-organized and pro-active;
- Be able to work individually and with the team;
- Enjoy travel and like dealing with customers from all over the world
- Pleasant personal appearance;
- Be knowledgeable of various destinations in Yunnan and China;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Prior work experience in tourism industry; (candidates with less experience but good potential will be considered as Assistant to the Travel Consultant Team in the beginning);
- Develops quickly a sense of responsibility towards company and colleagues.
- For non-Chinese residents: valid residence and working permit
- Regular professional on-the-job trainings;
- Basic salary and monthly profit share;
- Pleasant working atmosphere in a brand new and centrally located Kunming office
- Supportive, international, friendly and professional team
How to apply:
Please upload your English letter of motivation including your salary expectation, a meaningful CV as well as available references below. We will revert soonest.
All information received will be used for consideration of employment only; for any question to the job, company or procedures please write us an email to [email protected], call 0871-63311690 (ask for Linda or Olaf) or check online at www.wondersofyunnan.com.
We are currently looking for 2 trainees / interns who like to improve their working skills in an international working environment and at the same time can support our colleagues with various tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help out with the daily operational business of the Travel Consultants and the Operations Manager (data management, website maintenance, translations etc.)
- Support staff in assigned project based work (market and internet research, networking, etc.)
- Pickups and deliveries of documents within Kunming
- Meet and greet clients and visitors at our office
- Various sales & marketing tasks
- Other regular and typical office tasks
- Minimum 3 months’ commitment; start as soon as possible
- For Chinese applicants: Very good Chinese skills and minimum basic English skills (read, write, talk)
- For other nationalities: Very good English skills and minimum basic Chinese skills
- Further European language is a plus
- Be knowledgeable of or willing to learn about different destinations in Kunming and Yunnan
- Enjoy travel and like working for customers from all over the world, pleasant personal appearance;
- Develops quickly a sense of responsibility towards company, colleagues and job.
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Office Package, Chinese Word Processing; basic technical IT skills are a plus;
- Customer service minded, detail-minded and well-organized;
- Monday to Friday (except public holidays); 9.30h-17.30h
- Lumpsum monthly amount for transportation, meals and phone calls during the work
How to apply:
Please upload your Chinese or English letter of motivation and your updated CV below. We will revert soonest.
All information received will be used for consideration of employment only; for any question to the job, company or procedures please write an email to [email protected], call 0871-63311690 (ask for Linda or Olaf) or check online at www.wondersofyunnan.com.
The tour guide plays a very important and central role during the arranged tour. His or her responsibilities and tasks can get very challenging. The tour guide’s main concern should always be the confidence of the guests who are being guided by him/ her through the prepared itineraries and assist wherever it is necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accompany the guests to the tourist spots and guide them through the itinerary
- Know all essential background knowledge such as important historic events associated with the visited locations
- Communicate this knowledge to the tourists and be well prepared to answer questions fully and correctly
- Assist the guests, coordinate processes, be able to improvise when necessary
- Take care of medical issues and food needs of the tourists
- Protect the tourists in all aspects during the time of travelling
- Provide the company with quality pictures and necessary feedbacks from the clients as well as from the local arrangement (accommodations, restaurants, car quality, partner’s performance etc.)
- Fluent in French, Chinese and if also possible, English
- Tour guide license provided by CNTA (not necessary for suitable foreign applicants)
- Team player, develops quickly a sense of duty for the company, no nine-to-five mentality
- Prior work experience in tourism industry for at least 2 years
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Chinese
- Customer service minded and with an exemplary willingness to help out
- Detail-minded, innovative and self-initiated
- Good monitoring and time management skills
- Willing to travel throughout China if necessary
- On a daily basis
- Additional bonus for good performance and reviews of the customers
How to apply:
Please upload your full resume with letter of motivation, CV and references to our website.
All information received will be used for consideration of employment only; for any question to the job, company or procedures please write an email to [email protected] (not for application!), call 0871-63311690 (ask for Olaf or Linda) or check online at www.wondersofyunnan.com.