Tengchong National Geology Park is a well known young volcanic and geothermal area in China. The volcanic cluster here is known worldwide for its complete examples, large scale, intensive distribution and complete preservation. Nicknamed as "natural volcanic geology museum", all the roads leading to the park are paved with volcanic rock, which are better for drainage.
Tengchong's main points are the Thermal Sea Scenic Area and the Volcano Park Scenic Area. With plenty of landscapes, the popular views are of Dakongshan, Xiaokongshan and Heikongshan.
- Admission Thermal Sea: 60 yuan
- Admission Volcano Park: 40 yuan
- Qingshui Township, 10.5 km south of Tengchong County Town;
- Mazhan Township, 12 km north of Tengchong County Town
- Local dishes are extremely tasty, one must not miss them.
- Weather changes are rapid in the spring and winter, come prepared with appropriate seasonal clothing.